Wednesday 21 August 2013

So Tuesday 20th August.
Went to Hollywood this morning. Hollywood Boulevard and the walk of fame. Just so over the top with Hawkers, and people in costume! so much glitz and neon lights. Managed to get ripped off having my photos taken with Minnie Mouse, cost $2 US and got my bum groped for the trouble! Probably trying to find my money, but I don't do pockets!  went up the walk of fame and a quick coffee at the Hollywood Hard Rock CafĂ©. Went to the Harley shop and the past the Hollywood bowl. Through Beverly Hills and Melrose Ave.

Back through town and up to the Getty Center.  This was an absolute highlight for me. Fantastic views apart from the smog, and amazing architecture. Spent the afternoon viewing all the famous paintings, and yes, I had my photo taken by the "irises'" by Van Gogh. Was amazing we could walk right up to the pictures and very little queues. Just famous painting after famous painting. Went through the gardens, although I was pretty hot by then.
Found our way back to the hotel, after another afternoon lost from the GPS. Good to sit down with a wine and then back to Chipotles for dinner. The best cheap Mexican food!



 
 



who is the wee green man????


Bling!!!!





From the tram heading up to the Getty Center


smoggy LA

Monet close up and personal ....

amazing to be so close ...


as per the real deal (for you Philippa)

amazing ...Ruebens close up,



a happy chappy about to stuff cold food in mouth after a long day with wife .........
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment